Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Here are some additional instructions to prepare for your appointment:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Please do not bring additional people with you to your appointment unless medically necessary. If you have a driver or anyone with you, we ask kindly for them to wait in the car.
- There will be screening questions we will ask you ahead of your appointment and also again once you are in the office.
- Please wait in your car until your appointment time to minimize your time in the waiting room. Please call us when you arrive in the parking lot.
- We ask that you wear a mask to the office and keep it on throughout your time with us except when we are doing our exam or your procedure. If you do not have one, we will provide one.
- Please only bring into the office what is necessary and leave the rest in your car.
- Your temperature will be taken as you enter the office.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will be asked to rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- We may ask for the co-payment in the operatory or before the appointment.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: